Explain the theory and application of common therapeutic interventions to treat and manage injuries and conditions based on professional scope of practice.
Explanation should include common therapeutic interventions used to treat and manage injuries and conditions, including exercise, thermal (heat and cold), electrical, and manual modalities.
- When and why should heat be used in an injury situation? When and why should cold be used?
- What is the purpose of using various modalities?
- What are examples of thermal modalities?
- What are modalities used to provide heat? What are heat modalities used for?
- What are modalities used to provide cold? What are cold modalities used for?
- What are electrical modalities? What are they used for?
- What are manual modalities? What are they used for?
- Why is exercise considered the most effective modality?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.