Develop a safe flexibility program for healthy individuals.
Development should reflect appropriate safety precautions and an understanding of age, sport/activity, gender, overall condition, and individual considerations. The flexibility program should include the following steps:
- Assess current status.
- Establish goals.
- Develop a beginning exercise program.
- Instruct in safe and appropriate technique.
- Initiate progressive program.
- Assess and modify program over time.
- How is current flexibility status assessed?
- What are the different types of flexibility goals?
- How are appropriate flexibility goals determined for an individual?
- What are the criteria for progression?
- When is it appropriate/necessary to establish new goals?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Health Professions Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 7 Flexibility Training Concepts
- Explain the effects of muscle imbalances on the human movement system (kinetic chain).
- Provide a scientific rationale for the use of an integrated flexibility training program.
- Differentiate between the various types of flexibility techniques.
- Perform and instruct appropriate flexibility techniques for given situations.