Develop a safe strengthening program for healthy individuals.
Development should reflect appropriate safety precautions and an understanding of age, sport/activity, gender, overall condition and individual considerations. The strengthening program should include the following steps:
- Assess current status.
- Establish goals.
- Develop a beginning exercise program.
- Instruct in safe and appropriate technique.
- Initiate progressive program.
- Assess and modify program over time.
- How is current strength status assessed?
- What are the different types of strengthening goals?
- How are appropriate strengthening goals determined for an individual?
- What are the criteria for progression?
- When is it appropriate/necessary to establish new goals?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Health Professions Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
- Review fitness assessment considerations.
- Review concepts for program design.
- Describe hydration concepts.
- Identify fitness technologies and trends.
- Describe behavior change strategies for client results.
- Describe exam taking best practices and preparation.
Chapter 14 Integrated Program Design and the Optimum Performance Training™ (OPT™) Model
- Define and describe the acute training variables within the Optimum Performance Training (OPT™) model.
- Describe the phases within the OPT model.
- Design programs for each phase of training.