Explain the criteria used to determine readiness to participate in physical activities.
DefinitionExplanation should include information used in identifying conditions that may predispose to injury, such as
- medical history
- pre-participation physical examination
- baseline concussion assessment
- mental health screening
- assessment of activity-specific function.
- What medical history issues should be noted? (e.g., asthma, allergies, sickle cell, cardiac, etc.)
- What specific forms are required to try out for a sport on VA?
- What should be included in a pre-participation exam?
- What conditions would disqualify an individual from participating in physical activity?
- Who is qualified to perform a pre-participation physical?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Health Professions Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 6 Fitness Assessment
- Explain the components of and rationale for an integrated fitness assessment.
- Understand how to administer a health history questionnaire and then from that be able to stratify a client’s overall risk for fitness assessment.
- Understand the importance of posture, how it relates to movement observation, and how to assess it.
- Understand how to perform a comprehensive health-related fitness assessment, obtain subjective and objective information about clients, and how to use the information collected to help design an exercise program.