Explain the role of OSHA in the sports medicine profession.
Explanation should include a review of universal precautions and awareness of employers' responsibilities to provide prevention strategies and follow-up procedures related to transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
- What are universal precautions?
- What is infectious waste?
- What is contaminated waste?
- What are disposal procedures for infectious and contaminated waste?
- What are prevention strategies related to prevention of transmission of blood-borne pathogens?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand economic systems by
- identifying the basic economic questions encountered by all economic systems;
- comparing the characteristics of traditional, free market, command, and mixed economies, as described by Adam Smith and Karl Marx; and
- evaluating the impact of the government’s role in the economy on individual economic freedoms.
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.