Interpret a nutritional analysis.
Interpretation should include evaluation of caloric intake and expenditure and nutritional composition in comparison to national standards and reflective of individual goals.
- How do you modify a person’s typical diet according to his/her goals? (e.g., healthy living vs. strength training vs. distance running)
- In a nutritional analysis, what special considerations should be accounted for regarding an individual’s age and gender?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Nutrition
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 17 Nutrition
- Describe the macronutrients and their functions.
- Describe how the macronutrient composition of an individual’s food intake can affect satiety, compliance, daily energy expenditure, and weight control.
- Provide basic nutritional recommendations for optimizing health.
- Answer questions, handle issues, and dispel myths regarding the relationship of macronutrients to the successful alteration of body composition.
Chapter 19 Lifestyle Modification and Behavioral Coaching
- Describe the characteristics of a positive client experience.
- Understand the stages of change model.
- Describe characteristics of what effective communication skills are.
- Describe the elements of effective SMART goal-setting techniques.