Perform a nutritional analysis.
Performance should include the collection of nutritional data for an individual over a period of time, followed by an examination of their caloric intake and nutritional composition, reflective of their activity level, age, and gender.
- What is the interrelationship among activity level, caloric intake, and caloric expenditure, in terms of achieving specific nutritional or weight management goals?
- What percentage of an individual’s calories should come from each nutrient? What components must a nutritional analysis contain to help answer this question?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events (High School)
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Nutrition
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 17 Nutrition
- Describe the macronutrients and their functions.
- Describe how the macronutrient composition of an individual’s food intake can affect satiety, compliance, daily energy expenditure, and weight control.
- Provide basic nutritional recommendations for optimizing health.
- Answer questions, handle issues, and dispel myths regarding the relationship of macronutrients to the successful alteration of body composition.
Chapter 6 Fitness Assessment
- Explain the components of and rationale for an integrated fitness assessment.
- Understand how to administer a health history questionnaire and then from that be able to stratify a client’s overall risk for fitness assessment.
- Understand the importance of posture, how it relates to movement observation, and how to assess it.
- Understand how to perform a comprehensive health-related fitness assessment, obtain subjective and objective information about clients, and how to use the information collected to help design an exercise program.