Explain factors that impact nutrition.
Explanation should include how ergogenic aids, dietary supplements, eating disorders, disordered eating, fad diets, age, gender, socioeconomic, and ethnicity impact nutrition.
- What is the difference between disordered eating and an eating disorder? How do you recognize this difference?
- How may socioeconomic status and ethnicity impact nutrition?
- What effect may ergogenic aids and dietary supplements have on nutrition?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.