CTE Resource Center - Verso - Sports Medicine I Task 1136249135
Identify other health conditions that affect participation in physical activity.
Identification should include, but is not limited to
- blood disorders (e.g., sickle-cell trait, sickle-cell disease, anemia)
- Marfan syndrome
- postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- How can each condition affect participation in physical activity?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events
NASM-Certified Personal Trainer
Chapter 16 Chronic Health Conditions and Physical or Functional Limitations
- Define and describe the cause and symptoms of selected chronic health conditions.
- Describe the characteristics of selected health and age-related physical and functional limitations to exercise.
- Recognize how the conditions discussed in this chapter affect exercise training variables within the OPT™ model.
- Recognize how acute and chronic responses to exercise vary in clients with chronic health conditions or physical or functional limitations compared with apparently healthy clients.
- Describe how to modify program design for clients with chronic health and physical or functional limitations.