Maintain satisfactory attendance in school.
DefinitionMaintaining satisfactory attendance should include
- being on time for school and all appointments
- limiting tardiness, early departures, and absences to legitimate and essential occasions
- explaining the importance of satisfactory attendance to the overall operation of the school
- negotiating anticipated absences according to school policy
- calling in to notify the school staff of unanticipated absences.
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand personal finance and career opportunities by
- identifying talents, interests, and aspirations that influence career choice;
- identifying human capital such as attitudes and behaviors that strengthen the individual work ethic and promote career success;
- identifying human capital such as abilities, skills, and education and the changing supply of and demand for them in the economy;
- examining the impact of technological change and globalization on career opportunities;
- describing the importance of education to lifelong personal finances; and
- analyzing the financial responsibilities of citizenship, including evaluating common forms of credit, savings, investments, purchases, contractual agreements, warranties, and guarantees.