Compute interest, commissions, and discounts.
DefinitionComputation should include
- using the simple interest formula (interest = principle x rate x time)
- using multiplication for percentages in calculating commissions
- using subtraction for a price reduction and multiplication for a percentage discount.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will solve
- multistep linear and quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- literal equations for a specified variable;
- systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically and graphically; and
- practical problems involving equations and systems of equations.