Define comparison operators (e.g., =, >, <, >=, <=, <>, !=)
DefinitionDefinition should include identifying operators used to compare one expression to a value or expression, including the following symbols and their functions:
- = equal to
- > greater than
- >= greater than or equal to
- < less than
- <= less than or equal to
- <> not equal to (or != or ^=)
Related Standards of Learning
The student will
- solve multistep linear inequalities in one variable algebraically and represent the solution graphically;
- represent the solution of linear inequalities in two variables graphically;
- solving practical problems involving inequalities; and
- represent the solution to a system of inequalities graphically.
The student will select and call library functions to process data, as appropriate.
The student will implement various mechanisms for performing iteration with an algorithm