Incorporate column alias and literals in a SELECT statement.
DefinitionIncorporation should include distinguishing between single- and double-quoted text and how each will be treated by the database, and should include
- the three ways to define column aliases and how the column_name will be presented in the ResultSet:
- Plain text directly after the column name:
- SELECT column_name alias, column_name2, …
- Plain text with double quotes directly after the column name:
- SELECT column_name “Alias”, column_name2, …
- Using the “as” operator with double-quoted text directly after column_name:
- SELECT column_name as “Alias”, column_name2, …
- Outputting string literals using the single quote in SELECT clause and describing how it will presented in the ResultSet:
- SELECT column_name, ‘String Literal’, column_name2, …
Related Standards of Learning
The student will select and implement appropriate data structures, including arrays (one- and/or two-dimensional) and objects.