Demonstrate the syntax for select statements (projection).
DefinitionDemonstration should include the proficient use of a working syntax, based on the instructor’s objectives and guidelines, and might include some of the following:
- Minimum required clauses of SELECT and FROM
- SELECT statement to project all columns using “*”
- SELECT statement to project specific columns
- SELECT statement including the WHERE clause and one comparison operator to create a selection
- SELECT statement using the keyword DISTINCT to retrieve a list of unique values
Related Standards of Learning
The student will select and implement appropriate data structures, including arrays (one- and/or two-dimensional) and objects.