Code a 3-D game.
DefinitionCode should determine and create
- 3-D objects
- behaviors of 3-D objects
- 3-D environment (background, audio, colors)
- scoring and win/lose conditions
- instruction for players/end users, with how-to-play and help screens
Related Standards of Learning
The student will design and apply computer programs to solve practical problems in mathematics arising from business and applications in mathematics.
The student will design, write, document, test, and debug, a computer program.
The student will implement conditional statements that include “if/then” statements, “if/then/else” statements, case statements, and Boolean logic.
The student will define and use appropriate variable data types that include integer, real (fixed and scientific notation), character, string, Boolean and object.
The student will apply the concepts of similarity to two- or three-dimensional geometric figures. This will include
- comparing ratios between lengths, perimeters, areas, and volumes of similar figures;
- determining how changes in one or more dimensions of a figure affect area and/or volume of the figure;
- determining how changes in area and/or volume of a figure affect one or more dimensions of the figure; and
- solving problems, including practical problems, about similar geometric figures.