Critique an advanced website according to accepted design principles.
DefinitionCritique should assess such design considerations as
- download time
- readability (text layout, fonts, contrast with background)
- ease of navigation (consistently placed navigation links, including a “Home” link)
- page length (scrolling versus going to an additional page)
- cross-browser compatibility
- mobile device compatibility
- consistent theme
- appealing, consistent color scheme
- purposeful, aesthetically appealing visuals
- functional hyperlinks
- framework or grid system, and DIV tags used to position text and graphics
- effective use of multimedia (animation, video, audio), if present
- external (separate cascading style sheet).
Other Related Standards
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
Electronic Career Portfolio
Web Site Design
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.