Create an advanced website by applying accepted design principles.
DefinitionApplication should address such website design considerations as
- download time readability (text layout, fonts, contrast with background)
- ease of navigation (consistently placed navigation links, including a “Home” link)
- page length (scrolling versus going to an additional page)
- cross-browser compatibility
- mobile device compatibility
- consistent theme
- appealing, consistent color scheme
- purposeful, aesthetically appealing visuals
- functional hyperlinks
- ease of editing content
- frames, tables, or DIV tags used to position text and graphics
- effective use of multimedia (animation, video, audio), if present
- inline (within an HTML tag)
- internal (within HTML head tags)
- external (separate cascading style sheet)
- validation of code.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Apply the design and development process to produce user-focused Web and digital communications solutions.
Design, create and publish a digital communication product based on customer needs.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
Electronic Career Portfolio
Web Site Design
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.