Incorporate audio and visual elements into an interactive multimedia project.
DefinitionTask performance should include inserting
- video clips
- audio clips
- digital scans
- digital photographs.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will make planned persuasive/argumentative, multimodal, interactive presentations collaboratively and individually.
- Select and effectively use multimodal tools to design and develop presentation content.
- Credit information sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Anticipate and address alternative or opposing perspectives and counterclaims.
- Evaluate the various techniques used to construct arguments in multimodal presentations.
- Use a variety of strategies to listen actively and speak using appropriate discussion rules with awareness of verbal and nonverbal cues.
- Critique effectiveness of multimodal presentations.
The student will write in a variety of forms to include persuasive/argumentative reflective, interpretive, and analytic with an emphasis on persuasion/argumentation.
- Apply components of a recursive writing process for multiple purposes to create a focused, organized, and coherent piece of writing to address a specific audience and purpose.
- Produce arguments in writing that develop a thesis to demonstrate knowledgeable judgments, address counterclaims, and provide effective conclusions.
- Use a variety of rhetorical strategies to clarify and defend a position organizing claims, counterclaims, and evidence in a sustained and logical sequence.
- Blend multiple forms of writing including embedding a narrative to produce effective essays.
- Adapt evidence, vocabulary, voice, and tone to audience, purpose, and situation.
- Use words, phrases, clauses, and varied syntax to connect all parts of the argument creating cohesion from the information presented.
- Revise writing for clarity of content, depth of information, and technique of presentation.
- Write and revise to a standard acceptable both in the workplace and in postsecondary education.
- Write to clearly describe personal qualifications for potential occupational or educational opportunities.
The student will design and apply computer programs to solve practical problems in mathematics arising from business and applications in mathematics.
The student will design and implement computer graphics to enhance output.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Design, create and publish a digital communication product based on customer needs.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
Digital Video Production
Introduction to Business Presentation
Web Site Design
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.