Describe licensing agreements associated with software usage.
DefinitionDescription should include
- explaining licensing agreements, including the reasons for their existence and the importance of compliance
- describing methods to ensure compliance with licensing agreements when using software.
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the role of government in the Virginia and United States economies by
- describing the provision of government goods and services that are not readily produced by the market;
- describing government’s establishment and maintenance of the rules and institutions in which markets operate, including the establishment and enforcement of property rights, contracts, consumer rights, labor-management relations, environmental protection, and competition in the marketplace;
- investigating and describing the types and purposes of taxation that are used by local, state, and federal governments to pay for services provided by the government;
- analyzing how Congress can use fiscal policy to stabilize the economy;
- describing the effects of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy on price stability, employment, and the economy; and
- evaluating the trade-offs in government decisions.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Comply with intellectual property laws, copyright laws and ethical practices when creating Web/digital communications.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
Digital Design & Promotion
Web Site Design
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.