Code an application program using arithmetic functions.
Application should have a variety of mathematical situations, to include operators for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, or exponentiation. Parentheses may be used to ensure precedence in an equation. Function arguments must be placed in parentheses.
Related Standards of Learning
- represent verbal quantitative situations algebraically; and
- evaluate algebraic expressions for given replacement values of the variables.
- applying the laws of exponents to perform operations on expressions;
- adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing polynomials; and
- factoring completely first- and second-degree binomials and trinomials in one variable.