Maintain and upgrade workstations, equipment, software, and supplies.
Maintenance includes following established procedures for
- boot-up and shutdown of computers
- care of the computer equipment
- use of software, including entrance to and exit from software
- use of supplies, storage of supplies, and disposal of waste and recyclable items
- installation of and upgrades to virus-protection software.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Manage operating systems and software applications, including maintenance of upgrades, patches and service packs.
Demonstrate knowledge of the hardware components associated with information systems.
Compare key functions and applications of software and determine maintenance strategies for computer systems.