Enhance a multimedia presentation with advanced features (e.g., color, transitions, animations, timing, backgrounds, graphics, charts, graphs).
Enhancements are made by using specialized features to increase the effectiveness of the presentation and should include consideration of
- subject and audience when determining themes and visual effects (e.g., transitions between slides, animation of objects)
- readability of font styles and colors
- relevance of clip art and photos and their value vs. threat of distraction
- degree of support offered by charts and graphs in illustrating statistical data.
Enhancement should be demonstrated by
- using the clip-art gallery, a scanned picture, line art, or other artwork to insert graphics
- copying and pasting graphs and charts or using Chart feature to create graphs and charts
- using the slide-sorter view and slide transition dialog box to set the slide timings and transitions
- altering the color scheme and the background.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate effective professional communication skills and practices that enable positive customer relationships.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
American Enterprise Project
Business Financial Plan
Community Service Project
Computer Game & Simulation Programming
Digital Video Production
Electronic Career Portfolio
Mobile Application Development
Partnership with Business Project
Public Service Announcement
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.