Enhance multimedia presentation layout, according to principles of effective design.
Enhancement of the presentation, according to principles of effective design, may include
- achieving the purpose of the presentation in relation to the intended audience
- determining the type of output—on-screen slide show, LCD projector, Web site, tablet
- considering time restraints and computer hardware availability
- determining the best design for a presentation that will communicate the message
- providing a meaningful title and storyboard based on a focused message to be communicated
- keeping the layout simple, easy to read, and appropriate for the content
- choosing attractive colors, backgrounds, and themes that make the slide easy to read
- keeping the text concise
- choosing fonts and styles that are easy to read and emphasize important text
- using visuals, such as text images, charts, and graphs, to help communicate the message of the presentation
- determining additional advanced features that would enhance the presentation.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate effective professional communication skills and practices that enable positive customer relationships.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
American Enterprise Project
Business Financial Plan
Community Service Project
Computer Game & Simulation Programming
Digital Video Production
Electronic Career Portfolio
Mobile Application Development
Partnership with Business Project
Public Service Announcement
The topic for this event changes from year to year. The annual topic may or may not correlate with this particular course. Please refer to the current Virginia FBLA State Handbook.