Use advanced formulas and functions (e.g., @PMT, @PV, @VLOOKUP, @HLOOKUP, @FV, @COUNT, @COUNTIF, @IF/THEN, relative and absolute referencing).
Advanced formulas and functions may include
- @PMT---calculates the payment for a loan based on constant payment and a constant interest rate
- @PV---returns the present value of an investment
- @VLOOKUP---looks up specified values in a table
- @HLOOKUP---looks up specified data in table rows
- @FV---returns the future value of an investment based on an interest rate and a constant payment schedule
- @COUNT---counts the number of cells that meet the selected criteria
- @COUNTIF---counts the number of cells in a range that meet the selected criteria
- @IF/THEN---processes a logical test and delivers a value based on the result
- relative and absolute referencing
and should be used to perform complex calculations in specialized areas (e.g., statistical, mathematical, financial).
Related Standards of Learning
The student will select and call library functions to process data, as appropriate.