Identify information needed to purchase or replace computer equipment and peripherals.
DefinitionIdentification should include factors such as
- budget restrictions
- storage requirements
- business vs. personal usage considerations
- need for special features (e.g., for multimedia tasks, gaming).
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate knowledge of the hardware components associated with information systems.
Economics and Personal Finance Standards of Learning
The student will develop consumer skills by
- examining basic economic concepts and their relation to product prices and consumer spending;
- examining the effect of supply and demand on wages and prices;
- describing the steps in making a purchase decision, including the roles of marginal benefit and marginal cost;
- determining the consequences of conspicuous consumption;
- describing common types of contracts and the implications of each;
- demonstrating comparison-shopping skills;
- maintaining a filing system for personal financial records;
- examining the impact of advertising and marketing on consumer demand and decision making in the global marketplace;
- accessing reliable financial information from a variety of sources;
- explaining consumer rights, responsibilities, remedies, and the importance of consumer vigilance; and
- examining precautions for protecting identity and other personal information.