Plan, design, and create a database file.
Planning a database should include examining requirements such as
- people and systems that will use the database
- type of data (e.g., text, numbers, dates)
- amount of data
- size of data elements.
Designing a database should include determining how the data will be
Creating a database should include
- opening a new, empty file in a database program
- creating and configuring the forms, fields, and tables
- entering data
- saving the database file.
Related Standards of Learning
The student will design and implement the input phase of a program, which will include designing screen layout, getting information into the program by way of user interaction and/or file input, and validating input.