Maintain workstation, equipment, software, and supplies.
Maintenance should include following established procedures for
- boot-up and shut-down of computers
- care of the computer and peripherals
- use of software, including accessing and exiting software
- use of supplies, storage of supplies, and disposal of waste and recyclable items
- backup of data
- ejection of hardware
- green computing
- use of computer to protect against health risks (e.g., back, neck, wrist injuries).
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Manage operating systems and software applications, including maintenance of upgrades, patches and service packs.
Perform installation, configuration and maintenance of operating systems.
Employ system installation and maintenance skills to setup and maintain an information system.
Demonstrate knowledge of the hardware components associated with information systems.
Compare key functions and applications of software and determine maintenance strategies for computer systems.
FBLA Competitive Events and Activities Areas
Computer Problem Solving
Introduction to Information Technology
Microsoft Imagine Academy Resources
[2.006] Microsoft Digital Literacy: Computer Basics—Lesson 1
Introduction to Computers Click "View Course Topics" to see all lesson.