Prepare all forms necessary for opening and maintaining a checking and a savings account.
DefinitionPreparation should include
- completing required application documents
- presenting approved identification documents
- writing/maintaining checks, electronic transactions, stubs, and check register
- demonstrating types of endorsements
- completing deposit and withdrawal documents.
Other Related Standards
Economics and Personal Finance Standards of Learning
The student will demonstrate knowledge of banking transactions by
- comparing the types of financial institutions;
- examining how financial institutions affect personal financial planning;
- evaluating services and related costs associated with personal banking;
- differentiating among types of electronic monetary transactions;
- preparing all forms necessary for opening and maintaining a checking and a savings account;
- reconciling bank statements;
- comparing costs and benefits of online and traditional banking; and
- explaining how certain historical events have influenced the banking system and other financial institutions.