Explain costs and income sources for investments.
DefinitionCosts include finance charges, annual percentage rates, broker/investment advisor fees and commissions, mutual fund fees, transaction fees, and market losses. Income sources for investments could include savings, gifts, inheritances, and market gains.
Other Related Standards
Economics and Personal Finance Standards of Learning
The student will demonstrate knowledge of investment and savings planning by
- comparing the impact of simple interest vs. compound interest on savings;
- comparing and contrasting investment and savings options;
- explaining costs and income sources for investments;
- examining the fundamental workings of Social Security and the system's effects on retirement planning;
- contrasting alternative retirement plans; and
- describing how the stock market works.