Evaluate discretionary spending decisions.
DefinitionEvaluation should include decisions about spending for things such as entertainment, recreational activities, dining out, clothing, charitable donations, and vacations.
Other Related Standards
Economics and Personal Finance Standards of Learning
The student will demonstrate knowledge of planning for living and leisure expenses by
- comparing the costs and benefits of purchasing vs. leasing a vehicle;
- comparing the advantages and disadvantages of renting vs. purchasing a home;
- describing the process of renting housing;
- describing the process of purchasing a home;
- calculating the cost of utilities, services, maintenance, and other housing expenses; and
- evaluating discretionary spending decisions.