Maintain a filing system for personal financial records.
DefinitionMaintenance of a filing system should include
- setting up manual and electronic filing systems representing a variety of access criteria (e.g., numerical, chronological, tickler files)
- indexing, coding, and filing manual and electronic financial records, using numerical, chronological, and/or tickler filing systems
- retrieving information from files.
Other Related Standards
Economics and Personal Finance Standards of Learning
The student will develop consumer skills by
- examining basic economic concepts and their relation to product prices and consumer spending;
- examining the effect of supply and demand on wages and prices;
- describing the steps in making a purchase decision, including the roles of marginal benefit and marginal cost;
- determining the consequences of conspicuous consumption;
- describing common types of contracts and the implications of each;
- demonstrating comparison-shopping skills;
- maintaining a filing system for personal financial records;
- examining the impact of advertising and marketing on consumer demand and decision making in the global marketplace;
- accessing reliable financial information from a variety of sources;
- explaining consumer rights, responsibilities, remedies, and the importance of consumer vigilance; and
- examining precautions for protecting identity and other personal information.