Mechatronics III (8556/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||12|
|Prerequisites:||Mechatronics II (8555/36 weeks)|
Students will build on their knowledge of mechatronic systems in this advanced course. Mechatronic systems are comprised of mechanical, electrical, and software systems, and form the foundation of robotics, automation, and advanced manufacturing (such as 3D printing). Students will apply principles related to pneumatic, electro pneumatic, and hydraulic control circuits as well as basic digital logic and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in a complex mechatronic system. Students will troubleshoot and resolve malfunctioning pneumatic and hydraulic components and circuits. Upon successful completion, students may qualify for industry certification.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Manufacturing Production Process Development
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- Automated Manufacturing Technology Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Manufacturing Specialist Certification Examination
- Manufacturing Technician Level I Certification Examination
- Manufacturing Technology Assessment
- Mechatronic Systems Certification Examinations
- Mechatronics Level 1 Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Robotics Certification Examinations
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.