Digital Electronics (PLTW) (8440/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–12|
|Prerequisites:||Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW) (8439/36 weeks)|
Students use computer simulations to learn about the logic of electronics as they design, test, and actually construct circuits and devices. They apply control system programming and explore sequential logic and digital circuitry fundamentals. Topics in computer circuitry are also presented.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Electronics Module: AC (EM2) Examination
- Engineering Technology Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Engineering/Engineering Technology Assessment
- Project Lead the Way End-of-Course Assessments
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.