Technical Drawing and Design (8435/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||9–11|
In this foundation course, students learn the basic language of technical drawing and design, and they design, sketch, and make technical drawings, models, or prototypes of real design problems. The course is especially recommended for future engineering and architecture students.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- AutoCAD Certification Tests
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Mechanical Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Mechanical Drafting and Design Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.