Fashion Marketing (8140/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–12|
In this specialized course, students gain basic knowledge of the apparel and accessories industry and skills necessary for successful employment in apparel businesses. Students develop general marketing skills necessary for successful employment in fashion marketing, general marketing skills applicable to the apparel and accessories industry, and specialized skills unique to fashion marketing. Personal selling, sales promotion, purchasing, physical distribution, market planning, and product/service technology as well as academic skills (mathematics, science, English, and history/social science) related to the content are part of this course. Computer/technology applications supporting this course are studied.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Professional Sales
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Assessment
- Advanced Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- Fashion Merchandising Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.