Medical Systems Administration (6731/18 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
Students wishing to gain employment in the health care field may take this course to learn how to use medical terminology and apply administrative procedures necessary to be productive employees in a heath care environment. Students will learn how to manage office activities, enhance communication skills, identify legal and ethical issues in health care practices, manage financial functions, and enhance employability skills.
Recommended prerequisite(s): Keyboarding course(s) or teacher-approved demonstration and documentation of touch keyboarding skills
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Business Management and Administration
- Administrative Support
- Business Information Management
- Health Science
- Support Services
- Information Technology
- Information Support and Services
- AAPC Medical Coding Examinations
- Billing and Coding Specialist Certification (BCSC) Examination
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) Examination
- Electronic Health Record Certification (EHRC) Examination
- Medical Administration Assistant Certification (MAAC) Examination
- Medical Coding and Billing Specialist (MCBS) Examination
- National Certified Insurance and Coding Specialist (NCICS) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified Administrative Health Assistant (NRCAHA) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified Coding Specialist (NRCCS) Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.