Database Design and Management (Oracle) (6660/36 weeks)
|Suggested Grade Levels:||10–11|
This course includes database design and Structured Query Language (SQL) programming. Students study database fundamentals, including database development, modeling, design, and normalization. In addition, students are introduced to database programming with SQL. Students gain the skills and knowledge needed to use features of database software and programming to manage and control access to data. Students will prepare for the first of two certification exams.
Recommended prerequisite(s): Information Technology Fundamentals 6670
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Information Technology
- Information Support and Services
- Network Systems
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- Cloud Essentials Certification Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- IC3 Digital Literacy Certification Examination
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Examinations
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Examinations
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Oracle Academy Database Design and SQL Examination
- Oracle Academy Programing with PL/SQL Examination
- Oracle Certified Associate Examinations
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.